Parent support is critical in a child’s school success
For school-age children, those lazy days of summer are becoming a memory and the challenges of school, homework and busy schedules are in full swing. But, kids are not the only ones who need to work hard to meet these challenges and succeed in school; school success is a family affair.
1) Make sure your child is physically ready to learn
2) Set high expectations, balanced by encouragement
3) Ask child about their school experience every day
4) Create an organized homework plan with your child
5) Communicate regularly with teachers and participate in school events
To view the video of this KARE 11 News at 11 segment, play the video box above.
To read Marti’s tip sheet on supporting your children’s school success, click here.