Finding joy in the holidays following loss
The holidays are upon us. It’s a time of giving, goodwill and hope for the future. But for families suffering the death of a friend or loved one, a major illness or a family breakup, it may be difficult to celebrate.
1) Talk openly about the feelings before the holiday
2) Decide together what to repeat from past rituals & what to do differently this year
3) Set aside a designated time for remembering together
4) Focus on the surviving loved ones
5) Seek and accept extra support from friends
6) If you’re a friend of someone going through a loss, reach out!
To view the video of this KARE 11 News at 11 segment, play the video box above.
To read Marti’s tip sheet on holidays after loss, click here.